MJO index (updates on 11:50 every day)
- Index 1 (Taniguchi et al., 2010) defined by EOFs of velocity potential (30N-30S) at 200-hPa (Only 92 days earlier. Not Real-time)
- DATA source for calculation: velocity potential at 200-hPa produced by JRA-25/JCDAS products of the project on collaboration between Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) and Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry (CRIEPI).
- Index 2 (Wheeler and Hendon, 2004) defined by EOFs of the combined fields of near-equatorially-averaged 850-hPa zonal wind, 200-hPa zonal wind, and satellite-observed outgoing longwave radiation (OLR) data (Only 2 days earlier)
- DATA source: An All-season Real-time Multivariate MJO Index (Wheeler and Hendon, 2004) produced by Bureau of Meteorology Research Centre (Australia)
- The GFD-DENNOU library was used for drawing the figures. Please note that the operation period of the figures may slightly change due to the data delivery trouble.